Would you like to work with a small and dedicated team protecting wildlife and its habitat, at the same time as supporting local communities of Central Borneo?
Les Amis de la Fondation des parcs nationaux (FNPF) is on the hunt for a new Public Relations Manager, to assist with getting the not-for-profit organization a public recognition through social media and press.
The position of Public Relations Manager is a significant role within FNPF, which requires strong planning, research, communications, writing skills and development skills. Working closely with FNPF’s field staffs and local communities of Central Borneo. The Public Relations Manager will be based in FNPF’s office in Pangkalan Bun, with regular trips to the Tanjung Puting National Park and Lamandau River Wildlife Reserve.
- Assisting FNPF’s Director and Advisors to develop annual reports
- Assisting FNPF’s Director and Advisors to develop grant proposals
- Creating annual communications strategy for FNPF
- Managing FNPF’s website
- Managing FNPF’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Gazouillement, YouTube)
- Creating social media and website content
- Creating press release and distribute to national/international press
- Research, establish and grow links with national/international press
- Research, establish and grow links with communities of conservation, wildlife and culture
- Indonesian (WNI)
- Proficiency in English: Good (Writing and speaking)
- Willing to live in Pangkalan Bun
- Passionate about wildlife and conservation
- Holding a relevant degree (S1) in public relations, communications or environmental discipline
- Willing to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday)
- Preference is given to an applicant with an experience in public relations and communications field
- Self-directed, independent, committed to meeting goals, and enjoys working in a team
- Enjoys working in a remote area
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Social media management
- Taking pictures and video
- Basic photo and video editing
Do you think you got what we ask for? Send your CV and a short covering letter (no more than 1 A4 page) outlining your suitability as a candidate for this position, addressing how your skills meet the points listed above.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org